Sunday, July 12, 2009

Two of my favorite things: Friends and Sleep

Yesterday, my old friend Suzi came by for a visit. We haven't seen each other for 10+ years. She is as funny and beautiful as ever. I am so grateful for having such a wonderful friend as her.

We had a lovely visit. She even brought me some delicious suckers from Sundance. Did I mention that she's a terrific friend?

The girls are proving difficult to monitor. They like to hide for long periods of time and make the nurses and I sweat it out. The nurses often have to bring in an ultrasound machine to try and locate the two of them. I think they just have way too much room to play.

The doctor came this morning and said that the girls are looking the best he's seen them! I'm 26+1 weeks today. I need to make it to 34. Here's hoping the girls aren't too anxious to make their debut.

I'm crocheting away - the best I know how. It's fun to accomplish something.

My Mom and two of my sisters, Bay and Gonzo, took me on a wild wheelchair ride last night. It was fun to get out, even if it was only for half an hour. Thank goodness for them and their daily visits.

Craving: One thing I love is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I love them to a fault. If I had a bag of those, I don't think I'd ever be able to remove my bum from this hospital bed. It would become permanently fused!

The past two nights, I've been able to get the best sleep I've had so far at the hospital. It's been luxurious to totally fall asleep and not even remember when I went out. Morning always comes early (between 4 and 6) but sometimes I catch a few more winks after I wake up. I've got a really pretty view of the west in my room. In the morning, birds like to perch themselves on the tops of the tree across the road from the hospital. I think they're adorable and I love to watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment