Monday, August 17, 2009

Yin and Yang

According to the latest ultrasound, this is the position of the babies - Alexandra in white and Danielle in black. True to form, Alexandra's been good and Danielle's been my problem child. Her heartbeat sunk low last night - not way low, but not normal either. This prompted a team of nurses to rush in to my room and start feverishly working on trying to do whatever they could to get Danielle's heart rate back up. All of a sudden, I was rolled to my left side and propped up by rolled blankets, breathing in oxygen and watching the flurry of activity that was taking place all around me. Poor little Val wasn't sure what was going on and I worried for her so I called Bay to come and get her so she could get some sleep. While Val was getting ready to go, she said, "Mom, don't call Bob. I think this would stress him out too much." And then she started crying. Poor little girl. She didn't want the babies to have to come so soon. Thankfully, they didn't have to and they are doing great today. My doctor, who is the best doctor any gal could have, got me a massage. I'm telling you, I lucked out in getting him. My massage is supposed to begin shortly. I'm super excited. I'll let you know how it turns out. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Catherine, what an eventful night! I am glad that all turned out well. Poor Val, so worried about her mom and sisters.

    ReplyDelete