Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Val's first day of Sixth Grade

This is Val last year on the first day of 5th grade Every year on Val's first day of school, I take the day off of work and stay home to take her to school, make her chocolate chip cookies (like my mom did for me all through school - even college!), and pick her up from school. It's a bit of a tradition and I love traditions.
So today is VERY hard for me and Valarie. She's bearing it tolerably well, I'm sure - it's just her mom who is struggling. Thank goodness Bobby got home last night! I know that she said that she'd be fine with Boonge home but Val likes it when at least one of the two of us is home. Valarie has always been extremely independent (except for that first year and a half of life that she spent glued to my left hip). She gets up on her own for school, does her own hair (good luck convincing her to let you try), and assures me that I don't need to worry and that everything's going to be just fine. I remember her telling me one time (from her car seat in the back), "Mom, BE-lax!!" I guess I've always been a little high strung.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things have settled down again. I just can't believe how grown up Val is! I hope she had a great 1st day. Also, the Jones have copied your mom's tradition of warm chocolate chip cookies on the first day of school. I have to split my batch-white chips for Brycen and chocolate for Zac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish I wouls have sent you a picture sooner! I wanted to put the photos on a disk so that they would be higher quality than email! Sorry so slow!

    ReplyDelete