Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Power of Prayer

Bobby and Val brought me these lovely roses.
You know, I can't hardly believe that I've made it this far and that everything is going so well for the babies. It gets me thinking about how incredibly blessed I am; blessed to have a wonderful, loving family; blessed to have extremely supportive and helpful neighbors and friends; blessed to have the best ob/gyn any one could have; and blessed to be able to have these two beautiful girls. I recognize that things are going as well as they are because of everyone's prayers for Bobby and I and the girls. I want all of you to know that it means everything to me to have so much support and love.
I have had many visitors since I last mentioned them - namely: Susan and Gary (Bobby's sister and brother-in-law), they brought me beautiful flowers and a lovely white blanket for the girls; Candace, Tim and the kids, they brought me delicious candy and a fun magazine and helped me to understand what it will be like to have these babies born premature; Tami from across the street - I'd never formally met her before but she had heard that I was here and came and brought me lovely flowers - we had a fantastic visit - what a sweet, sweet sister; Valerie from down the street came and brought me encouragement and books and kara mint chocolates (I've finished one of them so far and thoroughly enjoyed it); Bishop and Sister Kline (from my ward in Florida when I was growing up and now my ward in Payson - small world, I know) came one night and we caught up on old times (that was a riot) and then they came again and brought Bishop and Sister Bushman and I received a blessing from Bishop Kline and Bishop Bushman - what an experience!; Jer, Clysti and the kids stopped by again one night with Wendy's - I really needed that (the food here is okay but sometimes you need a break!); Lupe and her mother from across the street came and brought me flowers and an adorable "It's a Girl" balloon; Susan from work and her family, Jim and Aubrey, came to see me and we laughed and laughed; Julene from work came yesterday and brought me lunch from Magleby's Fresh - delicious!; and, of course, my darling Mom and sisters come and see me regularly (pretty much daily). Bobby has been doing my laundry for me and everything else around the house, including taking care of Val and getting the girls' room ready for when the baby comes home. I'm definitely blessed.
Finally, I neglected to send this birthday wish yesterday for my cutie nephew Seth.
Happy 4th Birthday !!
Aunt Catherine loves you very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment