Thursday, August 27, 2009

One Week Left!

I don't know how many of you remember the movie, Airplane, but I remember it fondly. There's a lady in the movie who gets a bit hysterical when they encounter problems in flight. A whole line of people wait for their chance to try to get her to calm down - some with their fists, others with bats and belts. It's pretty funny because it's not real but, in my current situation, that's about how I feel at times. I need a whole line of people to get me to calm down and relax and wait the seven days I have left to wait to see these babies. I must say, the hospital hasn't been that bad but it hasn't been that great either. I've been glad that I haven't had to deal with the extreme heat of the summer. A few of you have first hand experience with how batty I got with the little heat I had to endure prior to being in the hospital. I'm glad too that I haven't had to do the daily chores around the house at home. That was getting hard to keep up with. I have to admit my jealousy though of people outside walking or running along. They don't know how lucky they are to not have to be strapped to a hospital bed 7/24 (as Steve would say). A few friends from work stopped by yesterday to surprise me with a visit. It was great to see them and to feel of their friendship. Afterwards, Aynn, my professional photographer :o), stopped by for a photo shoot. We had fun trying to take pregnant pictures of me. I'm grateful for her and for her enthusiasm. As for this last week with my little girls growing inside me - I feel happiness that we've made it this far and sorrow that I'm going to have to let them go on their own. Being pregnant is a wonderful experience. You're never as close to another person. I can remember being sad that I wouldn't be pregnant with Valarie very much longer (that was before her due date and the ensuing two weeks that passed after her due date that I still waited for her to come). I remember thinking that I'd never again be able to be as close to her as I was then. Now, with this pregnancy and all of it's surprises, I am again sad to lose the closeness - more so now because I know what my babies face once they're born. In a lot of ways, I'm not ready to let them go even though I know that I must. If I could, I'd hold onto them forever.

2 comments:

  1. Catherine,
    Your little girls love you so much. You are doing so amazingly well; you really are my hero. I know you want to hold them close and keep them safe; I felt the same way with Scott. I can't wait to see how adorable they are! I can't tell you hpw much I wish I were there with you. Please really, really do let me know if you need me and I will be on the first flight out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a special time for you - savor it as much as you can. I'm so glad your time in the hospital has not been unbearable and that you have received so much love and support. We continue to pray for you and the girls. I love you.
    Oh, and I'll be the one in the line holding the bat.

    ReplyDelete