Sunday, August 23, 2009

Twinks

My mom gave that nickname to Valarie a long time ago - it started with Twinkle Toes and then got abbreviated to just Twinks. Twinks has been having a fun time in the Sixth Grade. She gets herself up in the morning, gets ready, and then walks to school with a friend. And she's always early. Heaven forbid what would happen if she wasn't at least a half hour early to school. I'm glad that she's so independent but I don't know where she gets it from...I mean, there's no way I was ever early to school. I was always pushing it so that I just barely made it on time. Minutes more sleep in the morning before school were like precious hours to me.
Britney took pictures of Val for me on her first day of school. She and her kids, Amelia, Sydney, Grady and Ainsley, brought them to me yesterday. They were sooo adorable. Each one of the big kids had something for me - a delicious slushy from Sonic, a plate full of home-baked sugar cookies (the BEST in the world - just ask Bobby, who btw is jealous and will be coming later today to have some) and the CD with the pictures on it from handsome Grady. It was great to see them. They are my angel neighbors. I am the luckiest to have them in my life.
Susan and Aubrey came yesterday too. They brought me the most adorable little bear and blankets for the girls that Susan had made. Susan has been holding down the fort for me at work. Aubrey is due two weeks before me and looks as if it could be her carrying twins instead of me - that's a compliment, btw. One of my nurses told me the other day that I don't look like I'm pregnant with twins - more like I've just got a gut. It makes me sad because I want these babies to be as big as they possibly can be and, if that means that I look as big as a house, then so be it. But even Jer said it later last night when he, Clysti and the kids came, you just don't look very big for having twins and being almost eight months pregnant. He said it was a compliment and I'm not holding it against him. You be the judge.

Ever since Friday morning (just after midnight), the babies have been giving me fits. They must have known that Friday was 32 weeks for them and that my OB was out of town for a few days because it's been scary listening and watching their heartbeats. My doctor is back now and he says that everything is fine and not to worry. So there you go. I'm not supposed to overreact over their heart beats going low unless it's for like eight or ten minutes. Let me tell you, that's easier said than done.

2 comments:

  1. You look fantastic, Catherine! Valarie looks so cutein her picture, too. It's amazing how independent she is. Melanie has been so excited for school she started waking up at 5:55am and doing the before school routine for 3 days prior to school starting. Today was her first day and she was awesome. When I came downstairs she was all ready to go. Sounds like they'd be quite the pair if they lived closer to each other.
    I hope the girls continue to do well during this last week in utero. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 1 week to go and can I just say, YOU LOOK HUGE! I meant that in the kindest most complimentary way! You do look bigger standing up, but most of us just see you laying in bed, and in bed your belly just looks like mine after I've eaten a second helping of dessert. You are a professional baby grower, I can't believe how great those girls are doing. You have a very positive attitude and I am sure that helps. Way to go Catherine! We are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete