Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I've picked up the plow - here's to not looking back!

A couple of months ago, I walked into the gym with my 44 oz. container in hand, ready to dump (or, let's be honest, quickly finish) my diet soda and fill it with water for my work out. My personal trainer, Dom, was standing there and asked, completely flabbergasted, "Is that soda?" I ashamedly admitted that yes, it was. He said, "you know that steals the calcium from your bones, right?" I replied that no, I did not know that. Maybe the truth is that I had an idea that it did but had never been told in such plain language. Previous to this time, I had been known to drink two and sometimes three of these monster 44 ouncers a day. Not only full of the bone killing carbonation but also full of caffeine and diet yuck stuff. I am confident that I was not doing myself any favors. I am indebted to Dom for boldly calling me to repentance. 


I have recently begun reading The Miracle of Forgiveness by Spencer W. Kimball. Wowwie!! Why did I wait so long to read this book??? It is fabulous and I have not a shred of pride left in me - well, unfortunately, there probably still is some. I've been particularly hard to live with, I think, because of how hard I am judging myself and judging others. I hope that you can forgive me for all that I've done wrong in my life. I'm not perfect at all. I want everyone to be able to feel the love of our Savior. I love you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment