Thursday, July 30, 2009

FHR Tracing Category I

This is one of the images from the MRI I got at University Hospital on June 10th; Danielle's on the left and Alexandra is stretched out luxuriously on the right. So I'm plugged into these monitors day and night and I find myself watching them a good portion of the time - making sure that the babies are both on good and watching to see what their little heartbeats are doing. Sometimes it's eventful and one of their heartbeats will really soar for a while; other times it's uneventful and their heartbeats go along within their normal range of about 120 -150 beats per minute. We haven't had anything dramatic happen with their heartbeats since that first week. The only drama now is whether or not the babies are Fetal Heart Rate (FHR) Category I or II. I want them to be in Category I because that's really good/normal. Category II means that there are some concerns and that we better keep watching them closely. For the past few days (since Friday), the babies have been mostly in Category I. Talk about reassuring. Not only that, but they've stayed on the monitors really well (for the most part) in about the same spots. My doctor was just telling me that in third world countries, the best predictor of a healthy baby is movement. Therefore, if I were in a third world country.... yeah, I don't know exactly where he was going with that either except for the fact that the babies are moving a lot and, apparently, that's great. Valarie's been staying with me at the hospital for the past week and a half (except for a little bit of time on the 24th). My nurse, Tammy, from my ward in Payson took her home last night after her shift. It's been fun to have her here but I'm glad that she's home. Bobby and Val have a lot to do to get her bedroom ready to be the "girls' room."

1 comment:

  1. You and the girls remain in my prayers. I hope that everything goes well for you.

    Roshannah who has wanted a baby for the last 8 years or so found out she is expecting and we are so happy about this!!! Looks like early march.
    Anyway just wanted you to know that I care very much I look here for an update every day... Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete